Wednesday, September 19, 2012

royal delights

Sweet friends,
Just last Wednesday, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Catherine stopped by our city Kuala Lumpur, on their way to the Solomon Islands. They were on a week-long official far east visit to commemorate Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee.

I didn't go out to see them strolling at KLCC park, knowing well it was going to be too crowded and too hot!. LOL. However, they graciously greeted a crowd of 3000 fans and then made a quick visit to the little mosque at the corner of the beautiful park. And my friend, Lili who was out there to see them upclose and was incredibly lucky to get these amazing shots!. Check out her gallery HERE :).

#1: Photo from the newspapers,the royal couple taking off their shoes and Kate wearing a headscarf before entering the mosque :).
#2: Sweet speech from Prince Charming himself, it says;

"My grandmother told me that Malaysia would provide us with some unforgettable memories, and so indeed, it has proved ... thank you from the bottom of our hearts for welcoming us to Malaysia." - Prince William

With all these excitement, I have made a sketch of William & Kate. [Inspired from a photo of them taken on the morning after their wedding]








and my fat prince, Arthur. Keeping me a company while I finishing up. He's messy. Has not taken a bath for three weeks now!.

I have spent a few days over the long weekend making the sketch. Most joyful time when I can dream, relax and paint. 
Hugs.

20 comments:

  1. Incredible!!! What a talented artist you are. That portrait is wonderful. Love that you can see the transparency of the dress that still shows her legs. EXCELLENT work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lisa. It is delightful to watch this stylish lady, always so poise and graceful :).

      Delete
  2. that is a really wonderful sketch-wow-your coloring and shading is fabulous!! I so enjoyed watching this most lovely royal couple on tv during their visits in your area. So graceful and composed. I'm only sorry the paparazzi and media are giving poor Kate such a hard time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, poor she has to really focus and not showing any sign of distraught. They were amazing, smiling all the time!. Thanks so much, Linda.

      Delete
  3. oh, forgot to say-Arhtur is looking very regal in his pose-so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW!! What a great job you did on this painting, LOVE LOVE IT!! SOOOOO cool that the royal couple was near your home. They do make a handsome couple, I've always loved Princess Diana, almost named my one daughter after her since she was born the year she passsed away.
    This is seriously an amazing job in the color, details, forms, all of it, well done my talented friend!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, when Diana married Prince Charles I was 7!. Grew up loving Diana and admiring those cute boys!. Thanks so much for enjoying the sketch!:).

      Delete
  5. Oh my stars.. What an amazing painting you have done. I would have stayed in also. Not to big on crowds like that. But they are such a lovely couple aren't they.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still all giddy and thinking about them all the time now. Great that Prince William loves her so much :). Thanks, Linda!

      Delete
  6. Um....... wow!!!!!!!!!! That is some talent you have there... this is just stunning. Love the way you've portrayed them and I'm blown away by your sketching talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marjie!. They are perfect subjects to paint. Fills my heart with joy :).

      Delete
  7. Holy Amazing Bat man!! This is not a sketch but a work of art! On a side note how in the world do you bathe your cat? I like having skin on my arms and fear I would lose it if I ever dared give my cats a bath...although I am not afraid to use the sink sprayer when they jump up on the counters :)

    Amazing work!

    Amy*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. My dear, if you haven't done this already since they were little kittens, most definitely you don't ever want to try it at home :). Although, you may try 'shower' them instead, with the shower hose and warm water. They shivers. How I did this?. When they are kittens, I dipped them in pail half with some soap water :). Now, I hold them like baby in arms, and practically take showers together. When it got tricky with shampooing, put them down and gently rub and rinse. Oh, rule of thumb always cut their nails before going into the bathroom! Please don't harm yourself, Amy! LOL.

      Thanks for enjoying my painting :).

      Delete
  8. Great sketch. I feel very lucky to meet them up close on that Friday, September 16th. Suffice to say I did get some shots of them. Do visit my photo gallery when you have the time. Thx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did ya?? I knew you would. It was Friday :). So lucky, I'll visit soon :). Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Oh woww...lovely work of art! You're so good at this!! Isnt she gorgeous ? !
    Always admire her clothes...but your work made me wanna try paintings no matter what! Hahaha....{ even though i know im gonna ruin everything! Honestly....no kidding! }
    Cantekk ..cantekk.... Salute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a gorgeous lady! :). So fun painting her and the handsome prince. Hey, why not try it??. You can do anything when you put your mind into it :).

      Delete
  10. OMG!!!! You are quite the artirst my friend the Prince is just startling!!!!

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP