Tuesday, August 14, 2012

baby wipes circles

Hi there. 
More baby wipes creations!. Endless ways to use them, it seems. Here, I cut them into circles for my art journal collage. 


I used soft pastel for the background with limited colors as the baby wipes were already too colorful. Spritzed with some water to blend the pastel colors. After that dried, glued on some used-baby wipes in clusters. 


I also added pieces of torn linens and fussy-cut butterflies for additional layers and texture.Lastly, simply scribbled random notes around the circles with black & maroon sharpies, a black pen and a correction pen.


If you are good at sewing (which I'm not), you could make yourselves a nice patchwork out of used-baby wipes. Turn the cloth into journal covers, a tote or table runners for your craft room :). Or a simple corsage for scrapbook layouts and mini albums. Not to mention, button badges!. 

Have fun creating.

11 comments:

  1. aww baby wipes, gorgeous projet lovely colours you made in this journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Dortesjs!. This is such a fun experiment actually :).

      Delete
  2. wow terrific use of baby wipes and loving your fab pages, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Netty!. The best part of it is you never have to throw used wipes again :).

      Delete
  3. Oh woww...now baby wipes circles....!!?? Cooooll......it makes great design!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aha ... i'm constantly thinking, apa lagi nak guna ek? LOL. crazy me :).

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy to see this page, it's so colorful and happy. I was inspired by your post yesterday and took some baby wipes from the kids I babyit blotted, smudged, splashed some paint on them and cut circles when they dried. Going to make them into flowers. Thanks for the inspiration, they are thicker then my papertowel I use and will be great for me to sew on when I dig out my sewing machine.

    I love the way you wrote all over the page too, this is always fun for me.
    My procedure went well and I'm at home resting with a new book. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. first of all, Thank God it went well!!. Hugs. Now, get lots of rest and enjoy a good book :). Yup wipes are certainly stronger than paper towels should you like to add more paint to it. I havent tried paper towels yet, someday. Share with us baby wipes bouquet sometime :). Hugs back.

      Delete
  5. Once again your creativity blows me away. I just love you page...

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! and so does your photography :). makes me smile, every time :).

      Delete
  6. Super pages! Love those wipes... you just can't throw all that gorgeous color out. I'm also loving your use of the white pen in your journaling.

    ReplyDelete

' Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen ' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP